The purposes of the association are:
- To advance the best practices of its members by the mutual exchange of ideas and knowledge;
- To be a global leader in advancing the operating standards of destination marketing organizations in British Columbia;
- To work with government and industry groups to further the objectives of enhancing tourism benefits for the province;
- To be the collective voice for the destination marketing organization industry as it relates to tourism needs in British Columbia;
- To keep its members informed and to represent the interests of its members on matters of importance including in respect of public policy issues; and
- To conduct all such other actions and do all such other things as may be incidental or conducive to achieving or furthering the foregoing purposes.