Your membership provides services that deliver increased visibility for DMOs and supports the BCDMOA’s representation of collective interests and concerns of DMO’s in the province. Our ongoing work with government and industry groups has helped to further educate the DMO’s role in enhancing tourism benefits to the province and respective communities.
Any Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) in the Province of British Columbia can join the BCDMOA if, as confirmed by evidence satisfactory to the Board, it:
• is the official tourism marketing organization for its community dedicated to marketing the destination;
• demonstrates that it has a dedicated tourism marketing budget and an appropriate organizational structure with senior management either currently in place or scheduled to be in place within two years;
• has a comprehensive marketing and business plan for its tourism industry;
• maintains membership in at least two relevant industry associations such as regional DMOs, Tourism Industry Association of BC, Destinations International and/or the Tourism Industry Association of Canada;
• satisfies the Board that it aspires to the core Domains, Standards and Essential Elements of the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program of Destinations International.
To Apply Download Form Here. (Link to PDF application)
For more information or to find out if you are eligible Contact Us